“My ambition has always been to preach the Good News where the name of Christ has never been heard, rather than where a church has already been started by someone else.” Romans 15:2.
The Apostle Paul was one ambitious person. God planted the desire in his heart to preach the Good News to people who had never heard about Jesus, and Paul put in the hard work to get it done. Paul passionately pursued his God-given ambition. Ambitious people don’t give up!
I read a few inspiring quotes to share with you depicting ambition………
1. “Ambition is enthusiasm with a purpose.” — Frank Tyge
2. “Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.” — Elvis Presley
3. “Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “Ambition beats genius 99 percent of the time.” — Jay Leno
5. “Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great.” — Mark Twain
So, what are you fired up about? What makes you want to jump out of bed in the morning and make it happen? What fuels your ambition?
II Corinthians 5:9 says, “Therefore, whether we are at home (on earth) or away from home (and with Him), it is our (constant) ambition to be pleasing to Him.”
Take time to assess your ambitions and ask yourself, “Are my ambitions pleasing to God.” If they aren’t, maybe it’s time to let go and ask God to give you God-given ambitions.
Great is God‘s Faithfulness 💚 Deb