…who gave Himself for our sins, so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father.The Bible Galatians 1:4
….making the most of your time, because the days are evil.The Bible, Ephesians 5:15
Evil days aren’t something new. Paul’s letter to the church in Galatia was written over 1,966 years ago and his letter to the church in Ephesus 1,958 years ago!
If Paul wrote a letter to the church today, what do you think he would say?
For starters, his message would be the same because God’s Word hasn’t changed! (Ephesians 5:1-21)
- Be imitators of God
- Walk in Love as Christ loved you and gave Himself up for you
- Put away immorality, impurity, greed, idolatry
- Let there be no filthy, silly talk, or course jesting talk
- Let no one deceive you with empty words
- Walk as children of Light
- Try to learn what is pleasing to the Lord
- Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness but expose them
- Be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise
- Do not be foolish but understand what the will of the Lord is
We do not have to feel defeated or succumb to depressive, oppressive thoughts about the way things are. God has told us in His Word how to make the most of our time in this present age, and it’s not by listening to every voice that incites fear and anger, but by reading and obeying the Word of God!
Great is God’s Faithfulness! Deb