A few weeks ago, a friend and I attended Prayer March 2020 with Franklin Graham in Washington, DC. Never before had I been compelled to attend a prayer march, but I felt God impress upon my heart, “Go!” And so I did!
I had no idea what to expect, and was moved to tears by the turn out of people from all over the United States who had come together for one purpose; to pray for America.
We began at the Lincoln Memorial and made several stops along the way to pray specifically for our Country.
- Lincoln Memorial PRAYER FOCUS: Humbling ourselves in repentance and asking God to forgive our sins and heal our land.
- WWII Memorial PRAYER FOCUS: Our military, police and other law enforcement, and their families—and security and peace for the nation.
- Washington Monument PRAYER FOCUS: Salvation of the lost, renewed strength in our families, solutions to the coronavirus pandemic, and an end to abortion.
- White House PRAYER FOCUS: The President and the Vice President and their families.
- National Museum of African American History & Culture PRAYER FOCUS: Compassion and kindness toward one another, respect and reconciliation between races, and healing in communities torn by violence and injustice.
- National Archives PRAYER FOCUS: Religious freedom; and for churches to have boldness, to stand firm with the Word of God, and to preach Jesus Christ in a troubled world.
- U.S. Capitol PRAYER FOCUS: Our Congress and other leaders at the national, state, and local levels; the Supreme Court, and judges across the nation.
It was an amazing experience to witness tens of thousands of people praying fervently for our land.
As Franklin Graham said, and I believe, “Our Nation is in trouble, and we need God’s Help.” I know God changes things when we pray!
Scripture is God’s will for our lives. Pray God’s Word over our Country.
- Psalm 33:12 “What joy for the nation whose God is the Lord, whose people He has chosen for His own.”
- Daniel 2:20-22 “Praise the name of God forever and ever for He alone has all wisdom and power. He determines the course of world events. He removes kings and sets others on the throne. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars. He reveals deep and mysterious things and knows what lies hidden in darkness, though He Himself is surrounded by light.
- Proverbs 28:2 “Where there is moral rot within a nation, its government topples easily. But wise and knowledgeable leaders bring stability.
Those are a few scriptures to pray, and I am sure God will show you more from His Word if you ask Him.
My heart is heavy today for America, yet my hope remains in the Lord!
In God will I trust.
Great is God’s Faithfulness✝️Deb