I would like to thank both Pene’ @ Pene’ Pasta for the Soul! and Matt @ Jesusluvsall’s Blog for nominating me for the Barnabas Award! Pene’ and Matt are great at encouraging others through their posts and comments. If you don’t know them, I “encourage” you to check out their blog for a little encouragement!
The way this works:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and share their blog.
- Think of five bloggers that encourage and inspire you and nominate them.
- List five things about yourself.
- Lastly, ask your nominees five questions. Why five? Because five is the number that signifies grace.
5 Things About Me
- I was saved in my early 20’s, and I have walked with the Lord for 43 years.
- I am an organ donor.
- I am an avid walker.
- I have a motorcycle endorsement on my DL.
- I do not have a sense of direction and get lost easily.
Matt’s Questions For Me:
- Who in your life is your biggest encourager? I have to say the Word of God. Every time I read God’s Word, I come away encouraged.
- How do you see yourself as being an encouragement to others? My favorite way to encourage others is in their relationship with Jesus. I want to see others grow spiritually and will do everything I can to help them.
- When was the last time someone gave you words of encouragement? A few days ago, when a friend expressed to me that I have been an encouragement to her.
- When you are down, what encourages you to get back up and keep pressing on? Prayer. Today I received some discouraging news before I sat down to finish this post. Before I could start typing, I had to pour my heart out to the Lord, and He reset my focus.
- Who was your greatest encourager when you first accepted Christ? My Sunday School teacher, Mrs. B.
Pene Questions for Me:
- Besides WordPress, what other forums do you frequent? WordPress is my only form of social media.
- Why did you take the leap and began blogging? I took the leap to start blogging because I like to write. I find it easier to express myself in written form over talking.
- What would you change in today’s world if you could? Today, I would change our dependency on technology. We are allowing technology to do our “thinking” for us.
- What influenced your decision to become a follower of Christ? I would say the teaching of God’s Word and the wooing of the Holy Spirit.
- How do you think you have grown in your Christian walk? I have grown in my Christian walk through trials. Every trial draws me deeper into the Word of God and a deeper dependence upon God.
My Questions for you:
- Who in your life is your biggest encourager?
- How do you see yourself as being an encouragement to others?
- When was the last time someone gave you words of encouragement?
- When you are down, what encourages you to get back up and keep pressing on?
- Who was your greatest encourager when you first accepted Christ?
My 5 Nominees are bloggers who encourage me a lot with their comments