Joy Cottage is the place to go for inspiration and encouragement. You will be blessed by Jacquie’s poetry and devotionals. She speaks from the heart, and boldly shares the message of Jesus Christ with her readers.
Perth Girl is a student of the Word who shares her spiritual insights with others through her blogs. She loves her Lord, family, and sharing her yummy recipes with her readers!
1. Use the sunshine blogger award logo
2. Give thanks to the blogger that nominated you
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions
Here are Jacquie’s questions for me:
1. Is there a legacy you would like to leave behind?
Yes, I want to leave a spiritual legacy. To be remembered as one who lived for Jesus; instilling God’s Word in the heart’s of others, giving testimony to the faithfulness of God, a faithful prayer warrior, standing firm in my faith, loving others as Jesus loved, and sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.
2. Do you have a favorite activity?
I love going on walks, especially with my dog, CallieMarie and my walking-buddy, when she can go with us.
3. Is there someone living or dead who inspires you?
My Sunday School teacher, Mrs. Brooks. She passed away over 30 years ago, but there’s hardly a day that goes by that I don’t think of her. She was a beautiful role-model of a godly woman.
4. Have you made Jesus the Lord of your life? If so, how did it happen?
Yes, I have. I was saved in my early twenties. When I gave my life to Jesus Christ, He became my Savior and my Lord. I have never looked back.
5. If you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be?
Today, I would like to meet Zach Williams, a Christian singer. A few months ago, the Lord gave me the lyrics to a song to send to Zach in hopes that he would consider recording a song. Sounds crazy, I know, but I mailed the words to him! I haven’t heard back, yet, but I keep praying that I will. The lyrics come from a true story, and I believe God will change lives through the message. So, if any of you know Zach Williams, and you wouldn’t mind introducing me to him, please let me know 🙂
6. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
Christianity needs a revival, and I’m not referring to a scheduled event on our church calendar! This world is going to get worse before Jesus comes back, but I pray for God to revive, make alive His people before Christ’s return.
7. What is one important lesson you have learned in life?
Confidentiality. Sometimes friends accidentally repeat what you have told them in confidence, so if I’m not willing for others to know something, I keep it to myself.
Perth Girl’s questions for me:
1. What is the best advice you ever received?
I do not remember for sure when I heard this bit of advice, but it comes in handy all the time: “If you are persistent, you will become consistent.”
2. Do you do any writing other than your blog? If so, what kind?
I’ve written one book, “Stories Inspired by Scripture,” and I journal. I’ve written the lyrics to one song, too!
3. Three interesting facts about yourself?
I am a cyclist. For many years, I cycled for the Christian ministry, Samaritan’s Purse, raising money to drill water wells where needed. Through the generous donations of my friends, together we raised enough money to drill 7 water wells! I have also completed two 100-mile events.
I fell from my horse seven years ago and broke my back. At the time of the accident, the medical staff did not think that I would walk out of the hospital. God never let the thought of being paralyzed enter my mind. I walked out of the hospital, and I am pain-free. I truly am a walking miracle.
4. Have you ever traveled somewhere and it was completely different from what you expected, better or worse, tell us a bit about it?
I’ve been to Israel twice on mission trips. The images we see on the news portrays Israel as a war-torn country, which it is, but I saw a beautiful country and met peaceful people.
5. What is the most valuable thing you have learned from blogging?
Although I’m relatively new at blogging, I am learning to be persistent until I am consistent 🙂 I admire those of you who have achieved consistency! Also, on a friendly note, in my group of bloggers, I value your support and encouragement. Thank you!
6. What is your favorite social media platform, and why?
I don’t have a favorite social media platform. I have an Instagram account, but I rarely use it. If WordPress is considered social media, then it is my favorite.
7. What is your go-to weeknight dinner?
A bowl of cereal!
8. Favorite Psalm?
Really? Favorite? Eh,……….at the risk of sounding indecisive, I’m going with ALL OF THEM! Seriously!
9. Do you have any pets, and what are their names?
CallieMarie is my dog, and Spike is my cockatiel.
10. What would your ideal day be like?
My ideal day is looking back at the end of the day, knowing that I walked and talked like Jesus, whether I’m at home, work, or on a dream vacation.
11. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I suppose, flying. Sounds fun!
Here are DeborahMarie’s Questions for me:
- Are you an owl or a lark? (stay up late or early riser)
- What do you do for fun?
- What are your spiritual gifts?
- Have you made Jesus the Lord of your life? If so, how did it happen?
- Do you have a life verse? If so, what is it, and why?
- What is your favorite characteristic about yourself?
- What is one valuable lesson you have learned in life?
- When did you know you wanted to become a writer?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Do you dread or look forward to your birthday?
- Which do you prefer: city or country, fried or baked, sweet or salty, book or movie, drive or fly, cook or takeout?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers who inspire, are creative and spread positivity. Please do not feel any pressure to participate, it is my way of saying I enjoy what you all write.